- Jun 04 - 05 2022
HAMLET (The Met: Live in HD)
Australian composer Brett Dean’s riveting contemporary masterpiece appears live in cinemas, with Neil Armfield, who directed the work’s premiere, bringing his acclaimed staging to the Met.
When Australian composer Brett Dean’s Hamlet had its world premiere at the Glyndebourne Festival in 2017, The Guardian declared, “New opera doesn’t often get to sound this good … Shakespeare offers a gauntlet to composers that shouldn’t always be picked up, but Dean’s Hamlet rises to the challenge.”
On June 4, this riveting contemporary masterpiece appears live in cinemas, with Neil Armfield, who directed the work’s premiere, bringing his acclaimed staging to the Met. Many of the original cast members have followed, including tenor Allan Clayton in the title role. Nicholas Carter makes his Met debut conducting a remarkable ensemble, which also features soprano Brenda Rae as Ophelia, mezzo-soprano Sarah Connolly as Gertrude, baritone Rod Gilfry as Claudius, and legendary bass John Tomlinson as the ghost of Hamlet’s father.
SATURDAY, JUNE 4 – 11:55 A.M.
SUNDAY, JUNE 5 – 1:00 P.M.
$24 General Admission
$17 Students, Members, Children
$5 UNL, Nebraska Wesleyan, Union College, and SCC Students
(with student ID)
*Complimentary passes are not accepted for Met Opera screenings
The Met: Live in HD
Hearing Assistance Estimated Run Time
3 hours, 15 minutes (with one 30-minute intermission)
$12.00 | Adults
$9.50 | Students
$8.75 | Children
$8.50 | Military
$8.75 | Seniors
$6.50 | Members
$5.00 | UNL Students
$10.00 | Adults
$9.00 | Students
$8.25 | Children
$8.00 | Military
$8.25 | Seniors
$6.00 | Members
$5.00 | UNL Students
- Showtimes change on a regular basis and will not always be the same each day. Visit the individual film pages for a list of showtimes.
- Children are 12 and under. Seniors are 60 and older
- Students and Military must show a valid ID to receive discount
- We accept cash, check, NCard, Visa, and Mastercard
- The Ross Box Office opens 30 minutes before the first screening of the day
- Assistive listening headsets and closed caption devices available for select titles. Check the individual film pages or inquire at the box office for details.