- Jun 23 2023
STAY AWAKE Q&A with Director Jamie Sisley
Writer/Director Jamie Sisley will join the audience for a Q&A following the 7:30 p.m. screening of STAY AWAKE on Friday, June 23.
Brothers Ethan (17) and Derek (19) try their best to navigate the pressures of teenage life while tending to their mother’s debilitating prescription drug addiction. Based on the filmmaker’s adolescence in small-town America, Stay Awake is a personal exploration of the roller coaster ride that families go on while trying to help their loved ones battle a disease that affects millions every day. More info…
Jamie Sisley is an Emmy-nominated filmmaker for his feature documentary, Farewell, Ferris Wheel. The film won the Creative Promise Award from the Tribeca Film Institute, received an Imagen nomination for the positive portrayal of Latinos in entertainment, and was nationally broadcast on PBS and Netflix. He also wrote and directed Stay Awake, a narrative short film that explores addiction through the eyes of two teenage brothers. Stay Awake premiered at the 2015 Berlin International Film Festival, and won both the National Board of Review Film Prize and Slamdance Grand Jury Prize. Jamie earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia and an M.F.A. in Film from Columbia University. Stay Awake is Jamie’s first narrative feature.
FRIDAY, JUNE 23 – 7:30 P.M.
STAY AWAKE will show at the Ross June 23-July 6
$12.00 | Adults
$9.50 | Students
$8.75 | Children
$8.50 | Military
$8.75 | Seniors
$6.50 | Members
$5.00 | UNL Students
$10.00 | Adults
$9.00 | Students
$8.25 | Children
$8.00 | Military
$8.25 | Seniors
$6.00 | Members
$5.00 | UNL Students
Matinee priced tickets for all screenings TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY nights
- Showtimes change on a regular basis and will not always be the same each day. Visit the individual film pages for a list of showtimes.
- Children are 12 and under. Seniors are 60 and older
- Students and Military must show a valid ID to receive discount
- We accept cash, check, NCard, Visa, and Mastercard
- The Ross Box Office opens 30 minutes before the first screening of the day
- Assistive listening headsets and closed caption devices available for select titles. Check the individual film pages or inquire at the box office for details.