- Feb 12 2022
FIRE SHUT UP IN MY BONES (Special Encore)
Met Music Director Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts Grammy Award–winning jazz musician and composer Terence Blanchard’s adaptation of Charles M. Blow’s moving memoir.
A special encore screening in celebration of Black History Month. Originally broadcast live from The Met on October 23, 2021.
Met Music Director Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts Grammy Award–winning jazz musician and composer Terence Blanchard’s adaptation of Charles M. Blow’s moving memoir. The first opera by a Black composer presented on the Met stage and featuring a libretto by filmmaker Kasi Lemmons, the opera tells a poignant and profound story about a young man’s journey to overcome a life of trauma and hardship. James Robinson and Camille A. Brown—two of the creators of the recent production of the Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess—co-direct this new staging, live in cinemas on October 23. Baritone Will Liverman, one of opera’s most exciting young artists, stars as Charles, alongside sopranos Angel Blue as Destiny/Loneliness/Greta and Latonia Moore as Billie.
Content Advisory: Fire Shut Up in My Bones addresses adult themes and contains some adult language.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12 – 12:00 P.M.
TICKETS AVAILABLE SOON
$24 General Admission
$17 Students, Members, Children
$5 UNL, Nebraska Wesleyan, Union College, and SCC Students
(with student ID)
*Complimentary passes are not accepted for Met Opera screenings
The Met: Live in HD
Hearing Assistance Estimated Run Time
3 hours, 20 minutes (with one 25-minute intermission)
$12.00 | Adults
$9.50 | Students
$8.75 | Children
$8.50 | Military
$8.75 | Seniors
$6.50 | Members
$5.00 | UNL Students
$10.00 | Adults
$9.00 | Students
$8.25 | Children
$8.00 | Military
$8.25 | Seniors
$6.00 | Members
$5.00 | UNL Students
- Showtimes change on a regular basis and will not always be the same each day. Visit the individual film pages for a list of showtimes.
- Children are 12 and under. Seniors are 60 and older
- Students and Military must show a valid ID to receive discount
- We accept cash, check, NCard, Visa, and Mastercard
- The Ross Box Office opens 30 minutes before the first screening of the day
- Assistive listening headsets and closed caption devices available for select titles. Check the individual film pages or inquire at the box office for details.